Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Recipe (sorta) - Falafel Pitas

I used Al Wadi Al Akhdar falafel mix, prepared according to the instructions on the side of the box (formed into little balls and deep fried on the stove top in extra-light olive oil). I served these warm* with pocketless white pita bread, and plain nonfat Chobani yogurt, shredded lettuce, thin slices of cucumber, and chopped spring onions as toppings. 

For my taste, the inside of the falafel patties were a little gritty - possibly because I should have made each one smaller - so I used approximately a whole 8-oz container of yogurt on each of my pitas. The level of spice was pretty good: my father, who usually bitches and moans every time a recipe has flavor, didn't complain and took second helpings, but my mom and my husband said that it burned their lips. :P 


*But they tasted great cooled - later in the evening, and also for lunch and dinner the next day - too.

No comments:

Post a Comment